Can you believe it’s June already?? June! It’s been 6 months since I graduated and it’s halfway through 2012. Time flies waaaay too quickly. It’s Friday, the weather’s gorgeous and my brain is in total vacation-mode. It’s quite scary actually. I’m planning weekend trips after weekend trips. Haha.
TripAdvisor released a list of Top 10 zoos in the U.S. and as someone who is absolutely obsessed with aquariums and zoos, I had to do my this week’s fantasy list on zoos! I love animals and there’s nothing more entertaining and interesting than just staring at animals for a long time observing how they behave and act!
Here are top 5 zoos from the list. Feel free to visit TripAdvisor’s blog to see the full top 10 list!
1) Henry Doorly Zoo. Look at the picture below. Isn’t it absolutely beautiful? I love zoos that have more than cages after cages. The zoo is apparently known for its indoor desert, which is the largest in the world!
This photo of Henry Doorly Zoo is courtesy of TripAdvisor
2. St. Louis Zoo. There are apparently more than 650 animals in this zoo. That’s a lot of animals!! And, oh please – all I need are penguins. You have convinced me.
This photo of St. Louis Zoo is courtesy of TripAdvisor
3. Cape May County Park & Zoo. A free zoo in southern Jersey Shore with more than 250 species.
This photo of Cape May County Park & Zoo is courtesy of TripAdvisor
4. Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Garden. I have to admit. I have yet to see a koala in person. I don’t think any of the zoos I’ve been to so far had koalas. Plus, with my new obsession with flowers, I’ll definitely want to check out the botanic garden!
This photo of Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Garden is courtesy of TripAdvisor
5. Memphis Zoo. I love bamboo forests and trails. It’s the coolest place to be during the summer. A zoo full of plants and trees is the place to be.
This photo of Memphis Zoo is courtesy of TripAdvisor
It would be amazing to visit all these zoos but for now, I will go to the Franklin Park Zoo because it’s the closest and also.. because I haven’t been to it yet!!
What awesome zoos have you been to? Any that are on the list?