There has been a lot of posts on people reflecting their year and it got me thinking about what my 2012 has been like. It has been full of ups and downs, mostly ups, and I can’t be more than grateful for my 2012. The year 2012 has always been a big question mark for me. I had no idea what would happen after my college days were over but turns out, it had more for me than I had hoped for.
- I graduated January 2012. This was full of different emotions. I had to face the uncertainty and it had me in all different types of moods (it’s documented in this blog as well if you go back to posts from November 2011 – January 2012).
- I started my first day at my first job on my birthday, February 13th, 2012. It was the best birthday present ever – and also, my sister made me my birthday meal from scratch and I got to eat traditional seaweed soup (what Koreans eat on their birthday) for the first time in years.
- I went to the Nomading Film Festival and met some amazing travelers and travel bloggers, including Erin from The World Wanderer who I’ve been dying to meet! Also, I stayed in a hostel for the first time and fell absolutely in love with it (and have also upgraded to couch surfing!)
- I said hello and good bye to many people but have ended with a group of the best people I could ever ask for :)
- Moved to a new apartment living with my sister and therefore got to spend a lot of time with her!
- I started getting more involved in the travel community especially by volunteering at Hostelling International Boston and being active on couchsurfing.org. I had my first couch surfer ever this year and carry on to do so.
- I’ve made a huge decision regarding my life and my future (more on this later)
- I enrolled in a TEFL course which has been keeping me busy every weekend!
- I went across the border and went to Canada for the first time, although it was only Montreal.
- Finally started loving and appreciating whiskey and beer as much as I do red wine :)
- Have been to 20 Harvard Tours and counting (ok, this is not an accomplishment or a memory but pretty impressive, no?) and I went to the Sports Museum and basically, explored Boston a lot more than I previously have. Including my first ever Celtics game!
- Finally got to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch live on stage – TWICE!
- I treated myself to a lot of great yoga classes and dance classes.
- I braved it and went to many networking events alone meeting so many wonderful/amazing people.
- I spoke to BU students at Intro to PR class about my experience at BU, getting internships and looking for jobs – the exact same things I was wondering when I was a sophomore and realizing things DO work out in the end – hey, hey!
- I learned to appreciate every moment and live day by day. I learned not to dwell on the past and be more than ok with the uncertainties of the future. I’ve learned to let go and truly believe that things do happen for a reason. I learned to be happy and love myself and those close to my heart. I’ve learned to be alone and appreciate me time and I’ve learned that some things are better off not in my life.I’ve learned to value life and see how precious being alive is.
And so many more little memories that I will forever cherish. Thanks for the amazing year, 2012. I loved every single part of it, the good, bad and the ugly.